Due to export laws most countries do not allow shipments with wood pallets because of bugs and other contaminants. unlike wooden pallets, Plastic Pallets are non-absorbent and impervious to odors, acids, fats or solvents. Thus, plastic export pallets are unlikely to be delayed or quarantined due to issues of infestation that plague wooden pallets.
Plastic pallets reduce cost per trip, drive sustainability and prevent product damage. Top entry level plastic pallet here
Progressive industries and leading companies are seeking to convert from wood pallets to plastic pallets for their work-in-process, storage and distribution applications. They recognize that an effective reusable plastic pallet program can reduce costs, drive sustainability and optimize their supply chain. Choose from nestable, rackable or stackable plastic pallets and plastic skids.
Why are plastic pallets better than wood?
- Last 10-50 times longer than wood
- Have residual (trade-in) value
- Plastic pallets are recyclable
- Field tested with over 3 million delivered
- 2,800 pound rackable to ASTM standards
- Each pallet prevents 50 pounds of post industrial plastic from going in landfills
- Each pallet prevents 50-70 pounds of wood from being used in a pallet thus helping reduce deforestation and associated landfill of used/broken wooden pallets
- Plastic pallets are perfect for closed loop systems
- Plastic pallets have substantially lower life cycle costs (cost per trip) the wood
- No maintenance/repair-reground to make a new plastic pallet when damaged
- No exposed nails, wood chips, or broken boards
- Non-porous and non-permeable for better sanitation
- No bug or biological infestation
- Lighter than wood (less shipping cost)
- Helps companies comply with rapid health, safety and regulatory changes occurring
- Overcomes many wood pallet logistic and handling issues